If you’re thinking about having your rugs thoroughly (and professionally) cleaned, we encourage you to follow these four steps:
STEP 1: Make a commitment to yourself to get your rugs cleaned properly. The longer they remain dirty, the sooner they’ll wear out. Plus, the longer you have to breathe all the pollen, fungus and chemicals that hide in your rugs.
STEP 2:Make sure the Company has an outstanding reputation. You need to be certain that you are sending your rug to a company that will not just be surface cleaning them (and leaving dirt and chemicals behind), when you are paying to have it wet washed.
STEP 3:Ask questions. The way you learn about a company is to ask specific questions and listen carefully to the answers. Here are 12 questions to ask a rug cleaner before he takes your rugs away to clean them:
- What method of rug cleaning do you recommend?
- What are the steps that you will take when cleaning my rugs?
- How will you set the rug dyes so my rugs will not bleed?
- Do you use a shampoo or a detergent to clean rugs?
- Are your cleaning chemicals designated as safe for wool?
- Do you rinse the rug to remove your cleaning chemicals?
- How often should my rugs be cleaned?
- What training have you had in cleaning rugs?
- Are you a designated Wool Specialist?
- Are you a member of the Association of Rug Care Specialists (ARCS)
- Are you insured to replace my rug if anything goes wrong?
- Do you guarantee your work?
STEP 4:Once you’re satisfied that you’re working with an honest, competent professional, show the cleaner your rug and ask for a specific quotation in writing. A written quotation gives you the assurance that you know exactly what your job will cost – no surprises. By following these four steps, you’ll gain all the information you need to make an informed, intelligent decision … and you won’t have to worry about whether you’ve made the right decision for your favourite rugs.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions – provide you with a ballpark cost estimate over the telephone (or an exact wash estimate if you have your exact rug dimensions) – without cost or obligation of any kind. Or, if you have any repair or damage questions and cannot bring your rug to us for a free estimate, you can email us a digital picture and we can advise you of repair options and costs.